WPS Office is an all-in-one complete free office suite on iPhone and iPad, integrates all office word processor functions: Word, PDF, Presentation, Spreadsheet, Memo and Docs Scanner in one application, and fully compatible with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Doc and Adobe PDF format.© Provided by Windows Central
- Use Apple Watch to unlock your Mac and approve requests. Make and receive phone calls on your Mac. Control accessories in your home. Open Microsoft Office documents on your Mac. You can use the Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps to open documents you created with Microsoft Office.
- Start quickly with the most recent versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and OneDrive —combining the familiarity of Office and the unique Mac features you love. Work online or offline, on your own or with others in real time—whatever works for what you’re doing.
Office apps are already running smooth on Apple's new Mac chips.
What you need to know
- Microsoft's Office apps are already up and running natively on Apple's new Mac silicon.
- Apple showed off Word, PowerPoint, and Excel in action during its WWDC 2020 presentation.
- The new Apple-designed chips will start shipping in Macs later this year.
At its WWDC 2020 conference today, Apple announced that it is preparing to start shipping its own processors in Macs. The move will see Apple silicon replace Intel and unite the full Apple ecosystem on one platform. That will require some work from developers to get their Mac apps transitioned to run on the new platform, but it looks like Microsoft is already among the earliest adopters.
During the segment focusing on the new chips, Apple showed off Microsoft Office apps running natively on a Mac using an Apple A12Z processor. The apps looked just like the desktop Office apps you're used to seeing today, and they ran as smooth as you could expect. Check out a demo of them in action below.
Microsoft Office For Apple Mac
Microsoft has been in-step with big changes coming to Apple platforms in recent years. It was among the first to adopt iOS' dark mode support, for example. It's not a huge surprise to see Microsoft is early in making sure the Office apps are ready for this transition as well.
Apple says that it expects the first Mac using its own silicon to ship later this year. The full transition period, Apple estimated, will take about two years.
Apple Mac For Office 2016
In other Microsoft-related news coming out of WWDC, Apple revealed that it is adding support for the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and Xbox Adaptive Controller with tvOS 14 later this year.
Office For Mac Apple Os
For more WWDC 2020 coverage, out sister site iMore has been hard at work compiling all of the announcements and everything you need to know.