Jul 10,2019 • Filed to: Manage Music • Proven solutions
Music Tag Editor for Mac is a convenient program for helping you keep all your music organized. It works smoothly, and the variety of features it offers means that you can see all of your music. Audiomack is a free music streaming and discovery platform that allows artists to share their music and fans to discover new artists, songs, albums, mixtapes, playlists and more.
Looking to find the best audio tag editor software to manage your music files? Most of us have music stored on our desktop or laptop and find it difficult to categorize them. It’s easy to understand the problem – we can store music files in different folders. There can be duplication of many music files. Plus, you would find it much difficult to categorize music if it’s unorganized.
This is why the audio tag editor Software helps.
Audio tag editor Software is a great way to manage the music files. Well-tagged collection gives you an organized pool and makes it easier to search. Therefore, which is the best audio tag editor software that helps you tag your music collection?
Part 1.iMusic - the best audio tag editor software
iMusic is a useful add-on for iTunes. iMusic is simple to use and carry huge database of fingerprints to make your music clean much easier. Its free version is limited and you can manage a few of songs. Full version is unlimited and gives you complete features. It scans around 2000 tracks in a few minutes, which is fast. It is one of the best audio tag editor software out there and it doesn’t matter whether you’re using Mac or Windows, you’re sure to love it.
iMusic - Best Audio Tag Editor to Clean up Your iTunes Library with Ease
- Fix music library intelligently with correct ID3 tags.
- Transfer music between any two devices directly without iTunes.
- Record music in original quality and automatically split the ads.
- Download music from over 10,000 music and video sites.
- Backup and recover the iTunes Library when it's needed.
- Clean up the dead or broken downloaded music tracks on your iTunes Library.
- Edit ID3 tags with artist name, song title, year and genre.
- Simple drag and drop feature
- Huge database of acoustic fingerprints around 90 million.
- Interface is integral part of iTunes
Steps to Edit ID3 Tag by iMusic
Step 1: Downloading iMusic on your desktop, download music by pasting the video URL, then go to 'iTunes Library' .
Step 2: Then Click the MP3 songs you want to add metadata, tap “Edit music info” option.
Step 3: A new panel on the right side will appear where you can edit MP3 metadata related to covet art, name, artists, album, genre, year, track. Add the needed details and click “Save”.
Part 2. Media Moneky - Audio tag editor Software
It is an alternative to itunes if you like to play music on Windows system. After importing the music collection into Media Monkey, you can update your tags with ease from sources like Freedb and Amazon. If you have incomplete or incorrect ID3 tags, it will verify them automatically and notify you.
Price: $ 49.95 for Lifetime License.
Supported OS: Windows
- It automatically flags the corrupt or mismatched ID3.
- It automatically organizes the music in folders depending on the ID3.
- For those looking to clean flag, free version is well equipped to that.
- It is only for Windows operating system and works independently of music players.
- Price is higher than other.
Part 3. ID3-TagIT - free mp3 tag editor software
This audio tags editor software has wide spread user base since its release. There are not many automated processes attached with it by which gives you a deep control over your tagging needs. It uses the Freedb to add the information to your files. You will get the quick edit box if you want edit it quickly.
Supported OS: Windows
- Gives you great control in tagging your files with minute details.
- It is completely free.
- Quick edit option if you're not interested in obscure tags.
- Development has been stopped hence no further updates are expected.
- There is no online help, hence you might have to dig through to get hang of the software.
Part 4. MusicBrainz Picard - free mp3 tag editor software
This audio tags editor software has user maintained metadatabase. In addition to using available information of a file, it also uses acoustic fingerprintings. Picard as the developer has used highly developed tagging tool, which has all the latest features and powerful scanning. It is open source, hence you can tweak it according to your needs.
Supported OS: Windows, Mac and Linux OS.
- It is open source and hence constant updates are released.
- Automatic scanning and drag-drop features.
- As users maintain the database, it is wide database, which constantly gets updated.
- As users enter the information, information may be inaccurate sometimes.
- Scanning may get slow with huge library.
This audio tags editor software has intuitive interface that makes everything easy. Using this tool, you can edit your MP3 tags as well as specific tags. If you have file name which uses various information in the title, you can perform the conversion into actual tags.
Supported OS: Windows and MAC OS.
- Intuitive interface and use databases from Freedb, Amazon, Discogs etc.
- You can back tags to avoid issues like tag corruption etc.
- Expression based renaming to allow reformatting of you files naming styles.
- Looks a little primitive to other as lots of work is done manually.
- Requires you to download, a downloader to download and install this software, even when its size is a mere 3 MB.
Part 6. Foobar2000 - free mp3 tag editor software
Though this audio tags editor software is a music player, it also gives you great features to tag editing options. You can use this audio tags editor software to fix the tag issues even while playing music, something you cannot do with many other tagging tools. It gives you robust, and automated scanning option. There are many customizations from different users and so you’ve aplenty choices.
Price: It is free to download.
Supported OS: Windows XP and its above versions
- It is music player that gives you editing capability.
- Great customization options compared to other software to make it look good.
- Uses Freedb to synchronize the information of tags, which is a reliable source.
Audio Tagger Mac
- As it is a player in itself unlike some of the other audio tag editor software, the tag editing does not work with other music players.
- Some customizations can hamper the performance of the software, and you need to be careful when making the modifications.
Before downloading the software, please visit the sites go through the manuals and guides. Check the prices as they keep on changing with newer updates.
This audio tag editor for Windows is developed by X development. It is a multifunction program for managing and organizing music collection.The program allows the tag editing of the all audio formats, renaming of files according to tags, generating tag information from audio filenames and converting text of tags and filenames. It is known to use online database like Freedb, Amazon, and Discogs. This audio tag editor for Windows also supports ID3v 1/v2, APEv2, vorbis Comments, WMV, and MP4 tags. You can also generate and export playlists in the form of HTML or Excel. It is free to download and constant updates are released regularly.
- Supports all ID3 versions, APE v1 and v2 tags, WMA tags, Vorbis Comments and MP4.
- Supports embedded lyrics and cover arts.
- Export information in formats such as HTML, XML, and CSV.
- It supports Multilanguage interface.
It is a standalone program for user’s computer. - Its features include basic tags, extended tags, renaming, and tag processing. Moreover, you can preview tags and cover arts from the database like Freedb before you save them. - It is an unrestricted freeware. - Supports all major formats such as mp3, mp4, wma, ape, mpc, aac, flac, spx, ofr, tta, and wv.
Its interface is unintuitive and takes a little time to get hang of it. - As the options are advanced, it takes more input than you expect. - There is no portable version of the software.
Part 8. Music Tag Editor
This audio tag editor for Mac OS helps you edit tags information easily and effectively. You can edit, rename with metadata and covert text encoding of music tag in batch. The software also repairs the mismatched or corrupted codes. It supports formats like MP3, M4A, Mp4, ID3 for Flac files.
- This audio tag editor for Mac OS supports ID3 versions, and iTunes tags including, titles, album, copyright, genre, lyrics, etc. This saved information will be available for you on other Apple devices.
- This audio tag editor for Mac OS supports batch processing hence lot of music files can be scanned.
- Batch renaming allows you to change the name from metadata.
- Changes or converts tag text encoding and also repairs corrupted tags.
- Through this program, you can search for lyrics with search options such as LyricsWiki, AZlyrics, MetroLyrics, DarkLyrics and many more.
- Well integrated with iTunes.
- It has great user-friendly interface, which integrates all necessary fields effectively.
- It also has full screen mode.
- Rename and other functions are available from tool bar.
- It is integrated with iTunes and synchronizes the tags to other devices for the same user.
- Supports all the formats played by the iTunes.
- It is not a standalone software, if you do not play music on iTunes.
- There is not portable version of this software.
- Often confusing due to many advanced detail on one single window.
Audio Tag For Mac Windows 10
This audio tag editor for Linux multiplatform software and supports all editing tags. With these software you can generate tags using filenames and vice versa. You can also import tags from online database, which includes gnudb.rog, Discogs and many more. Application also allows you drag and drop a cover art. Searching arts and lyrics is also easy. Other features include conversion between ID3v1.1, ID3v1.1 and ID3v2.4 tags.
Audio Tag Editor Macos
- Edits tags in formats like MP3, ogg/vorbis, DSF, FLAC, MPC, Opus, Speex, WMA, WAV, AIFF and tracker modules.
- Generates tags for content and filenames.
- Generates playlist files.
- Automatically converts lower case and upper case and replace strings.
- Exports tags in file formats such as CSV, HTML, XML, and playlists.
- You can automate task using command line interface, which is advantage of Linux.
Audio Tag For Mac Catalina
- This audio tag editor for Linux is a stand-alone product.
- Edits all tags, and generates them from sources like files, databases etc.
- An open source freeware hence new updates are constantly available.
- There is portable version of software.
- Supports multiple platforms Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
Audio Tag Mac
- It does not have column view for multiple files, which is a major flaw.
- If you want to use advanced features, you will require a little help of online manuals.
- Requires command line knowledge to automate the tasks.