Flux – BitterSweet v.3 – Free Transient Designer Plugin. This plugin is a transient shaper.
The expectations for music engineers and producers in the hip hop industry continue to grow as time progresses. This is the main reason why the market for virtual instruments has expanded.
If you want to be considered as one of the best hip hop producers in the game today, it's time for you to pay close attention to the details in this article.
- The Best Free Audio Plugins for OS X with Video Demos. AudioUnit (AU), RTA, VSTSynths, Reverbs, Compressorsand much more. Just listen, watch and download!
- 64-bit plugins can’t work in 32-bit hosts even if the operating system is 64-bit. Do NOT use 32-bit plugins in 64-bit hosts. They would have to be bridged and can become slow and unstable. Mac OS X (10.7 and newer, 32-bit or 64-bit) VST / VST3 / AU / AAX compatible host (32-bit or 64-bit) Intel/AMD processor with SSE2 support.
We will review a list of musical production tools that can be a candidate for the best VST for hip hop. If you have these VST plug-ins at your disposal, there is no reason why you will not be able to take your hip hop music to a higher horizon.
What is a VST (Virtual Studio Technology)?
It is a special software interface that duplicates audio signals of musical instruments, sound effects, and analog synths. With all these things in play, you will be able to produce a high-quality sound.
These are the three types of VST Plug-ins:
- VST Effects
- VST Instruments
- VST MIDI Effects
The premium VST's listed below will give you a wide range of exceptional sonic possibilities. This includes unique live sounds, Vox Emulation, throwback EQ's, reliable hardware synthesizers, Utility Plug-ins, and many other original plug-ins that are complementary for VST's made in the past. These are the things you need to make dope music.
1. SlowMo by Initial Audio
SlowMo does an exceptional job of slowing down your instruments, vocals, and mixes. This VST can do this in real-time. You can play everything back in half-speed with this plug-in. It is compatible with Mac and Windows.
These days, you need a VST that can slow down your music, so that you can analyze it carefully.
SlowMo’s oversampling feature makes sure that the at-half speed version of your music reaches its highest vocal range. The interface can be resized with ease so that it will look fantastic in every resolution in your DAW.
Windows 7 or higher
4 GB Ram
VST compatible DAW such as Reaper, MPC Ren, Ableton Live, Cubase, FL Studio, Machine, Bitwig, and many more
AU or VST compatible DAW such as Bitwig, Machine, MPC Ren, Reaper, FL Studio, Reason, Ableton Live, Cubase, and much more
2. KHORDS by Loopmasers
KHORDS is a centralized instrument that gives classic character and sampled personality to your productions. If you take advantage of the 550 inspirational chords presets, you will be able to add nice mix-ready tones to your hip-hop tracks.
The sound library comes with plucks, stabs, pads, sturms, atmospheres, and more creative sources. This will make it easy for you to inject a new sound tone into any genre of music. The quality and diversity of Loopmaster’s sampling ensure that KHORDS will make its mark every time.
You can choose from a minor, single note, and major notes categories. You can also look for certain instrument combinations that will complement your music. KHORD’s dynamic random selector will maintain this same feel so that you can jump to new setups without losing the tone of the sound.
KHORDS synth engine may take a little time to analyze the audio. However, is extremely powerful. It can control the timing and pitch of samples, LFO, amplitude, and filter ADSR, and special effects to give character to your overall sound.
- There are over 300 inspirational note and chord samples
- You have 550 diverse presets at your disposal
- You can work with minor, major, and root/open categories
- The time stretch and shift formats can be changed
- You can make fine changes to samples in the same category to keep the major/minor feel
- The chord samples can be adjusted for a classic sampling feel
- There are 12 types of a filter with Resonance, Key Tracking, and Pre-Drive
- You can filter ADSR Envelope
- You can filer LFO with Amount, Shape, Rate, Trigger, and Phrase
- Six outstanding chorus algorithms are on deck
- The Mod Wheel destinations are present
- VST/AU plug-in instruments for Mac and PC
10.12 – 10.14 fully tested OS X Platforms
VST (64 bit)
AU (64 bit)
7, 8, and 10
VST (64 bit)
At this present time, KHORDS is not available in AAX format.
Please check out the demo to make sure that it works on your system.
3. Reveal Sound Spire Synth by Reveal Sound
Spire is a new polyphonic software synthesizer that’s setting the hip hop scene on fire. Is it the best vst for hip hop? It certainly comes close.
Spire can combine flexible architecture, a graphical interface, and sound engine modulation with ease. Spire offers the best opportunities to create new sounds for the evolving hip hop scene.
- Unique Unison Engine
- Noise, FM, AM Sync, Classic, SawPWM
- 4 x multimode oscillators that take poly-morphing to the next level
Unique unison engine features:
- It is capable of duplicating different types of unison
- It can distribute unison voices by octaves and chords
- 9 x unison voices accompany every oscillator
- Built-in High Quality Processor
- Infecto, Scorpio. Perfecto, Combo
- 2 x multimode filters with digital and analog types of filtering
FX processor features:
- Flexible Modulation Architecture
- 2 x Steppers, Arpeggiator
- Matrix slots (15x) equipped with 4 x targets and 2 x sources
- 4 x LFOs with morphing shapes, 4 x envelopes, 4 x macros
- Over 700 factory presets including base sequences and complex arpeggios
- Tons of Exhilarant plucks, drums, and FX’s at your disposal
- Looks nice on Retina Devices (Can scale up to 100%, 150%, and 200
- MAC (32 & 64 Bit)
- OS X 10.8 or higher is required
- A powerful and modern CPU is required
- Audio units
PC (32 & 64 Bit)
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 is required
- Modern CPU is required for optimum performance
Compatible Host Software:
- Presonus Studio One
- Apple Logic Pro
- Steinberg Cubase
- Pro Tools 10 or higher
- Analog and Digital Superiority
Important point: Reveal Sound recommends using a 64-bit version of Spire.
4. Scaler by Plugin Boutique
Scaler offers an inspirational and unique MIDI effect that makes it easy to find those sweet courts. It’s also vital to mention that the scaler is fun to use.
With precision note detection and scale selection, is easy to see why Scaler is a one-stop shop for hip hop producers. When you begin to use this software, producing will become an easier task.
To be perfectly honest, Scaler is in a class by itself. It can make suggestions for your chords. Please keep in mind that these chords will complement your hip-hop beats. You can also create a tunnel from scratch from a set of initial chords.
With an extensive bank of over 2,000 modes and scales, you will have enough material to keep your juices flowing.
Once you set the barometer for a scale, Scaler will lay out the chords for you to audition, and it will let you expand your sound with more chord variations. If you are a theory buff, you will love this feature. You will be able to get insight on every chord harmonic function.
Are you ready to put together a progression? With the click of a button, you can drag and drop chords into the sequencer. You will be in full position to change the octaves and inversions. It’s also critical to point out that you will be able to edit the voice and transfer a progression into your DAW,
- You will have hundreds of keys at your fingertips (this will help you get those harmonic flavors)
- Audition chords and locate more voicing and common substitutions with ease
- Unover your music’s key and analyze extra chord sets and scales
- Scale up you intelligent progressions
- Create your own sound
If you are a die hard hip-hop musical engineer or producer, you cannot afford to overlook the pros listed above. Luckily for you, there are some other distinct advantages that come with this software.
Just take a close look at them.
- Learn more about the emotional content connected to the matching scales
- You have 12 impressive keys across 23 scales (276 options)
- Find your track’s scale with the MIDI keyboard
- Drag chords and create intelligent progressions
- Over 100 stunning artist chord sets from talented artists like CeCe Rogers, Carl Cox, and many others
- With over 2,000 Scales and modes, you can sample from 12 unique voicing types
- Over 100 mood-based chord sets (Jazz, Chill, and Hip Hop)
- Keep a close eye on chords and notes while going through the Scaler with visual feedback
- Visualize this selective scale as notes on Scaler’s guitar fretboard or piano keyboard
- Use your chosen scale to audition chords with the aid of eight internal sounds
- Record one-finger chords using the deluxe Scaler’s bind MIDI
- Use strum or arpeggio features to work in real-time and sync it to your DAW
Assign any AU/VST instrument to Scaler to manipulate your synths
- Sample from hundreds of genre-based chord sets
- Find new chord substitutions that give your progressions a unique sound
- Get a feel for each chord’s harmonic function in their progressions
- You can make changes to your progressions with the drag and drop feature
- After you save your chord sets, you can use them in the future
- Make edits to your invert chords for different styles of voice
- Transfer MIDI to your DAW with drag and drop
How does it work?
Scaler is an explosive plug-in instrument that’s designed to handle the outputting of MIDI and audio. It works extremely well with piano sounds, guitars, and sampled synth sounds. This makes it easy for you to put together a chord progression for export as an MIDI file.
The key is to trigger other instruments with the aid of Scaler. This set up really depends on the DAW. When it comes to VST hosts, Scaler can be loaded up like an instrument plugged in onto MIDI. The final output is sent to a second track using the routing system supported by the DAW.
When it comes to audio unit hosts, the ScalerControl MIDI effect plug-in is used. This is similar to the basic Scaler, but it is positioned in front of the target instrument on the track. This makes it easy for the MIDI to be transmitted.
I must admit that it is probably the best approach for you to take for your hip hop grooves. Please keep in mind that it will only record the triggering notes to the track, not the chords produced by the plug-in.
OS X 10.7 and later (64 bit)
Windows 7 and later
5. Regroover Pro by Accusonus
Best Vst For Mac Os 10.12
Explore your drum loops will this innovative software. You can create new and dynamic sounds from old samples inside of any loop. Regroover uses the latest artificial intelligence to get layers from within your record recorded samples and beats. It’s imperative to mention that you will not find this feature in the majority of musical production software products being sold in the market today.
When Regroover examines the audio file, you will be able to create your own drum kits. In return, you’ll be able to make new loops and beats. At the end of the day, the unique expansion kits will make it possible for you to take your production to another level.
You can use Regroover for the following purposes:
Form your rhythmic signature from isolated beat samples
Get in touch with undetectable sounds that lie within your loops
Create distinct sound layers when you un-mix your loops
Regroover Pro features:
- Use external and discovered sounds inside your loops to create your projects
- Create your own expansion kit with any element attached to your loop (this makes it easy for MIDI triggering)
- Get that magical clamp, snare, or kick for its own trigger pad
Who is perfect for Regroover?
Regroover is ideal for DJ’s, beats makers and music producers. If you use sampling, drum programming, and beat slicing, Regroover is perfect for you.
Before you know it, your peers would ask you how are you able to make exceptional compositions and remixes.
Who Shouldn’t use Regroover?
Regroover is probably the best VST for hip hop. However, if you not fond of using sample manipulation tools, this is not the musical tool for you.
You can use Regroover to:
- Create new music and beats when you un-mix your loops
- Play these sounds from inside your loops to produce new grooves and rhythms
- Extract the live vibe of an isolated hi-hat pattern. Regroove your sound libraries and create new fresh tunes
- Regroover’s MIDI can create different beats, so that you can make your hot remixes with ease
- Bring in the panning, volume, and effects of individual layers of your mix beats for the proper balance
- Develop this sound of unique sound components and add new effects. Replace the swap kit elements with new grooves
Mac OS X:
Hard Disk Space: 250 MB
Monitor: 1280 by 800 resolutions
RAM: 2GB (4 + GB recommended)
AU (32-54 bit), AAX (64 bit), and VST (32-64 bit)
Versions 10.8.5 or later
Compatible with Versions S:1 or later
VST (32/64 bit) and AAX (64-bit)
Monitor 1280-by-800 resolution or higher
Hard Disk Space: 250 MB
RAM: 2GB (Manufacturer suggest 4 + GB)
6. Diversion By DS Audio
Diversion is a well-known quality synthesizer that’s being used by musicians all around the globe. It is designed to compose any form of musical production. This is the primary reason why it’s popularity continues to grow. Diversion uses modern processors to give you a nice range that surpasses the standards for hardware synthesizers.
Diversion offers four premium oscillators that have a range of multiple waveforms. Once you hear them, you’ll know these waveforms have a near to zero levels of aliasing. It’s critical to point out that the oscillators create rich sounds in real-time by using algorithms.
Every waveform has two separate parameters (X and Y) that permit you to made adjustments to the timbre of the finished sound.
The oscillators also showcase RM, FM, filtering, and waveshaping. These synthesis techniques play a huge role in a musical production.
Many musical engineers are fond of Diversion because it comes with a Wavetable Editor. The Wavetable Editor makes it easy for you to upload arbitrary single WAV files with ease. You can make changes to these waveforms in frequency space and in real-time.
Some producers use Diversion to add special effects to their music. From their perspective, this helps them create a unique and dynamic sound.
Luckily, Diversion also comes with a sample playback with output audio recording and granular synthesis.
The Bus Processors
The two bus processors in Diversion clears the path for you to convert the oscillator’s output into new sounds. Each bus processor in this musical tool has a stereo filter packed with distortion, a LO-FI section, and different modes.
You will be pleased with the filter modes and saturation stages. In the end, you will be able to create arbitrary patches such as Ambient sounds, Dub Step, Psy, and Trance.
Diversion uses two FX lines to separate the bus processor’s output. This makes it easy for you to create a layered sound. The separation of the bus processor’s output will not have a negative impact on your production. You can stack up to 8 effect instances into one FX line. This will solidify your processing chain.
Digital aliasing can take place after the non-linear processing of the waveform in the oscillators and bus processors are intact. Diversion takes care of this by using oversampling up to 8 X. This takes place during the processing path (the FX section is excluded).
The processing modules in Diversion use at least 2 X oversampling. This helps Diversion secure premium sound quality with a low level of aliasing.
The following features can be modulated in Diversion: one XY-controller, 4 MSEGs, 4 LFOs, and 4 ADSR Envelops. These musical characteristics are known as the “Master Morph”. They have a solid reputation for adding life to a sound. The midi controllers and automation are supported.
Trance Gate and Arpeggiator
It’s vital to mention that Diversion comes with a 32-step Arpeggiator/Sequencer and an impressive 16-step Trance Gate module. This makes Diversion a one-stop-shop for hip hop musical production. Some hip hop artists believe it is the best vst for hip hop.
Please keep in mind that Diversion’s audio engine is notorious for consuming an enormous amount of computer power. This is why you should consider using it on Intel core i5 or i7 processors.
Please make certain that your computer meets the following system specifications:
- Modern powerful processor
- Windows XP, SP3, or higher
- OSX 10.6.8 or higher
- VST 2.4 compatible host software
7. Sektor by Initial Audio
Sektor has an intuitive user interface, and it offers many impressive customization features. This polyphonic wavetable does not need to use a significant amount of system resources to produce a high-quality sound.
What can you expect from Sektor? You will get ADSR’s, and LFO’s. These components can be directed to the synths parameters when you use the drag and drop feature. The modulation matrix gives you direct access to aftertouch, velocity, and other important features.
With Sektor at your disposal, you can get 16 voices per wavetable oscillator with OSC+. You will be able to create uniform sounds.
You will also be able to change the following: pitch, phase, level, stereo spread, and the unison voice. This will pave the way for you to create sounds like a musical genius.
Sektor’s Heat Up 2 multi-sample engine allows you to blend the rich sound of a modern rompler with Sektor’s wavetable engine. Please keep in mind that the synthesis engine runs exceptionally well.
Sektor’s effect rack comes with the following effects: a 4 band equalizer, stereo shaper, chorus, phaser, reverb, trance, distortion, compressor, and delay. The drag and drop feature helps you rearrange the effects.
Sektor is fully customizable. There are so many features for you to play around with. You can change backgrounds, colors, skins, etc.
Would you like to develop custom-made sequences and arps with the built-in sequencer? Sektor makes this possible for you.
You can also create expansion packs and your own presets. Once your musical content is complete, you can share it with your family, friends, and fans.
Is Sektor Easy to Use?
Sektor’s design makes it easy to use. It comes with unique interface design. The interface is highly intuitive, so you will be able to master the features within a short period of time.
The drag and drop features make the modulation matrix optional. You really don’t need it.
If you need feedback, Sektor will give you visual feedback. This will help you get a better understanding of the things that are taking place with every preset.
For example, you may not know what a control does. Go to control and check out the tooltips. They do a wonderful job of explaining every feature.
Develop Your Own Hip Hop Sound
The Factory Library comes with over 700 dynamic presets that are ideal for a wide range of music genres. This includes hip hop, Drum N Bass, RnB, TRap, Dubstep, and much more. With over 200 and impressive factory wavetables, you will have enough content to create your own sound.
- Wavetable synth plug-in
- Over 200 wavetables
- Over 700 dynamic factory presets
- Impressive built-in sampler engine with more than 500 samples.
Windows 7 or higher
VST2 DAW such as Reaper, Ableton Live, Maching, Bitwig, Reason, MPC Ren, etc
This is a stand-alone app
Supports the MP E. Midi standard
VST2 or AU compatible with DAW such as Bitwig, Reaper, FL Studio, Logic machine, MPC Ren, etc.
Stand Alone App
Supports the MPE Midi Standard
8. Movement by Output
Movement is an incredible effects engine that adds rhythms to beats in real-time. This includes keyboards, drums, guitars, and full mixes.
Is it fair to consider Movement to be the best vst for hip hop? Let’s see what it brings to the table.
Movement works extremely well in the studio and during live performances. This sensational tool will help you explore new hip hop tunes.
Creating your sounds: You can focus in on a rhythm from one of the 300 presets. You also have the option of creating a preset from scratch. Please keep in mind that you will be able to use the XY pad to make tweaks.
You can perform live with Movement, play around with it in the studio, or automate it in your DAW. The rhythms in Movement are crazy. They will blow your mind!
Behind the Engine: Movement gets its power from four unique rhythm engines.
Each engine comes with the following: LFO, Flux and Randomizer, Step Sequencer, and Sidechain. As you can see, you have a full musical arsenal at your disposal.
It is also vital to point out that Movement comes with 75 parameters that will assist you with adding motion to the beat or sound. For example, you can take your musical production to another level by using compressors and Reverbs. This will make it easy for you to add a railgun to your sound.
Advanced Sidechain: This feature gives you the golden opportunity to experiment with 38 different parameters by using the input source. Let’s get beyond the typical kick and compressor sidechain combination, you will be able to do so many different things with Movement.
For instance, you will have full control over the delays, distortion, and filters. All of these things can be controlled at the same time.
Movement is fast, intuitive, and extremely easy to use. This is why you see so many novice musical producers use it daily. Whether you’re trying to create a new style from scratch or make tweaks to an existing beat, the possibilities are virtually endless.
It’s extremely easy to see that Movement will push you beyond your boundaries. When you get past this point, you will be again to tap into your rich musical talent.
- Input any each track, instrument, or sound
- Over 300 presets for playability
- Control any parameter in real-time (this includes all rhythms)
- Simple output makes it easy for everyone to use
- XY pad for performance
- Exceptional EQ, distortion, compression and reverb effects, and delay
- Flexible Flux and Randomizer
- Reverse delay
- Fast load time/Less CPU Load
- Hi-pass/Low-pass smooth EQ mode
Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
Windows 7 or higher
4GB of RAM is required (Developer suggests 8GB)
A minimum of 500 MB of drive space
9. LoFi by DopeSONIX
LoFI is a versatile plug-in that will help you create a sound that will seem like it is influenced by many top musical producers that are around today. In LoFi, you will find over 200 edgy and beautiful instruments. These instruments have been processed through a Fostec M80 Reel to Reel and several other animal outboard effects. With all of these things in play, it’s easy to see why LoFi is able to nail a unique sound.
To get that LoFi throwback sound, the tool takes a unique approach that helps the musical creator tap into various ranges. When you begin to use LoFi, your music will be able to take a life of its own. When this happens, you will be able to develop high-quality sounds that cannot be matched by anyone.
The presets in the first category in Lofi are dedicated to the edgy sound of the Akai MPC 60 MKII. The Akai MPC is notorious for producing mid-tones, a narrow 40 khz range, and colored saturation
When the music industry entered the digital age, virtual instruments came into play. This gave everyone the impression that conventional analog synths were a thing of the past. There was no need to patch leads in. This made it easy to make music and record.
Unfortunately, we’ve learned that the full sound and warmth of analog devices cannot be duplicated in the digital domain at this time. However, this tool has a collection of strange analog sounds. They also have a unique character and a touch of mystique.
This second group of presets (50 in total) represent a giant collection of acoustic and analog sounds. The sounds come from homemade tone generators, vintage synths, and recorded sounds.
There are tons of tape emulation plug-ins being sold to music producers, so you cannot get around the real sound of a tape. Whether it is an old-school tape deck or an old VHS recorder, the hiss in the background is a real blessing in the digital world.
Despite the musical trends that have taken place over the years, It seems that vinyl is here to stay. From our perspective, we believe that the sound of vinyl is special in the world of hip hop.
Is vinyl perfect? No, it’s not perfect. However, its imperfection is probably its greatest appeal.
This feeling you get when you put the needle into the groove is priceless. Please keep in mind that some of the greatest music producers have laid their bones on vinyl records.
- Built-in pan, pitch, glide, and volume
- Built-in flexible ADSR controls
- Mono, Ploy, and Legato Modes
500Mb Disk Space
VST host (32 bit or 64 bit)
OS X 10.4 and Above
500 MB Disk Space
AU or VST Host (32bit or 64bit)
10. Mellow by UJam
Mellow by UJam is a deep bass acoustic hipster that offers a jazzy like feel. It offers a big bottom end, texture, and body. Anyone can use it to make great music faster and better. Your experience in the music field is not a factor.
- Play the rich bass from a MIDI controller
- You have over 40 styles and over 400 phrases
- Adjust the pick position, mixer channel, and microphones with ease
- Add ambiance to your music without any difficulty
The simple controls will guide you to use over 400 phrases and 40 styles for your tracks. Mellow’s tone sculpting controls can add more shine to your sound. With these performance-enhancing features, you will be able to experiment with the amp selection, note vibrato level, and octave effects.
Mellow has two different modes in this department. You can go with the Player mode. In this mode, you get direct access to the GUI and control set. Simply set the musical key and select your chords for the song.
Mellow does the heavy lifting. It will choose the most appropriate articulations for your basslines. What more can you ask for?
If you want more control over your sound, you should go with the Instrument mode. It is smooth and elegant. This is the main reason why so many music producers use it for their projects.
You may hear an odd noise here and there, but this mode will serve you well.
Windows 7 or later, Mac OS X 10.9 or later
You may use it on early versions
1.6 GB of Disk Space
4 GB of RAM
Disclosure: When you buy through our links, we may get a commission at zero cost to you.
I am very sure you have heard or use a reverb effect multiple times in your music projects, and if you haven’t used it in your projects, you’ve come across it on most occasions, but you aren’t aware it’s a reverb.
Before we dive into the best free reverb vst plugin, let me briefly explain what a reverb effect does, you can skip this section if you aren’t new to reverb effects.
Reverb is the simulation of the sound of space. This space could be your bathroom, a small room, concert hall, chamber and so on. For example, the sound is different when you clap in the bathroom vs when you clap in a concert hall and this is because the spaces and the reflections build-up are different in each room, the larger the room the greater or wider the reverb, the smaller the room, the lesser the reverb.
Why Use Reverb Effects?
You’ll mostly find reverb effects in every music producer toolbox, and can be used to create all sorts of effects but it can easily be misused too, basically reverb effects can be used to…
- To create depth in a mix; pushing elements further back in a mix
- To glue elements within a track together
- To create a simulation of the sound of space, e,g creating a concert hall like special effect within a track and
- so on…
Since we know the importance of using reverb, I would be recommending some of the best free reverb effects plugins in the music production scene right now.
Note: Here are the best paid reverb effects
Let’s get cracking…
1.) Smart Electronix – Ambience
A friend recommended Ambience to me a few years back, and the moment I tested it, I was literally blown away.
One of my favorite features of Ambience is the hold parameter which smartly freezes the reverb tail until the button is released or you can think of it like freezing the reverb effect in a suspended state.
You can use this for creating a reverse reverb effect, special effect and you can even automate the knobs.
The ambience is a donationware plugin. You get a nag screen with no limitation, and if you love the plugin, you can donate to the developer.’
Download: Win 32 VST / Mac OSX VST
2.) Impulse Record – Convology XT
A free convolution reverb from Impulse record, in case, you aren’t aware, convolution reverb uses software profiles to digitally simulate the reverberation of space, and uses a pre-recorded audio sample of the impulse response of the space being modeled.
This is exactly how Convology XT works, the impulse-response recording is stored in a digital audio signal processing system, and then convolved with the incoming audio signal to be processed.
Convology XT comes with a free 70 Vintage Reverb Impulse Response Files. If you so wish, you can also purchase more impulse responses from the Convology XT library, other than that, it is absolutely free with no nag.
Also, it features an intuitive interface to browse through the libraries, allows you to quickly test run presets and audition on the fly while the music is playing.
I didn’t mention it supports both WAV and AIF files right, well, now you know. I don’t know if you’ve ever imagined using stretch (long reverb) when using a reverb plugin, Convology XT doesn’t only include Stretch, you also have an option for decay time scaling, EQ, frequency-dependent decay time scaling, time reverse, and amplitude envelope.
- Windows 7 and later; VST2 / VST3 / AAX
- Mac OS 10.7.x and later; AU / VST2 / VST3 / AAX
Download: Convology XT
3.) EpicMStudios – Dimension +
Dimension + is a really super simple plugin that simulates sound reverberation in variable size spaces.
It features three controls:
- Direction: Direction of the audio source
- Room Size: Alters how large the simulated space is.
- Dry/Wet: Alters how much of the effect is present in the mix.
Download: Dimension Plus
4.) Synthescience – Feezechamber
The Freexechamber is a free reverb plugin by Synthescience for simple reverb effects.
I sometimes use this in place of Ambience plugin if I want to play with the Freeze switch, the switch enables the user at any moment (while the Verb is processing) to Hold the process into a suspended state.
It comes with few presets, which can be used to lay down quick ideas.
5.) Antress – Modern Spacer
Modern Spacer is a plugin by Antress which comes in 2 versions, silver or black, each offering the same parameters:
- Power, Meter On/Off button.
- In/Out meter mode switch.
- Reverb On/Off switch.
- RT60, Damp, Width, Depth controls for Reverb.
- Delay On/Off switch.
- Delay, Feedback, Decay, Mix controls for Delay.
- Input/Output level controls.
- Input/Output reset switch.
- Up to 192 kHz sample rates supported
- Set of factory presets.
- Hardware-like GUI.
- Advanced PPM/VU/GR meters.
Note: Supports only Win 32; VST
Download: Modern Spacer
Vst For Mac Free
6.) Anwida Soft – DX Reverb Light
This is the light version of the original DX Reverb. The light version contains only one simplified algorithm of the 11 available algorithms in the full version, even with the limitation, DX Reverb Light can be handy for a quick reverb effect.
Download: Win 32 VST / Win 64 VST / Mac OSX VST / Mac AU
7.) Signaldust – Abstract Chamber
I don’t know if you ever notice undesirable reverb effect when used for longer reverb sounds, it sounds frustrating some times, with Abstract Chamber you can create a longer modulated reverbs whole also maintaining a natural yet abstract spatial impression.
It only supports VST
Download Abstract Chamber
8.) TAL-Reverb III
TAL-Reverb 3 is designed to be used as a stereo plate plug-in, which is the replacement of its predecessor (TAL-Reverb-II). This new edition has several improvements such as an optimized GUI and some changes in the reverb algorithm.
Additionally, TAL-Reverb 3 has a simple EQ section, a meter display and shows actual slider values.
- Plate reverb sound.
- One simple room size control.
- Pre-delay up to one second.
- EQ section (12dB cut, low shelf filter at 1000Hz, high shelf filter at 200Hz).
- Stereo width control (from full stereo to mono).
- Stereo input mode (mono or stereo input).
- Displays the slider value of the active fader.
- A meter shows the output volume.
- 10 factory presets.
- Windows: Windows XP or higher (32 / 64 bit)
- OSX: OSX 10.7 or higher (32 / 64 bit).
- AAX: Pro Tools 10.3.6 or higher
Download: Windows / Mac
9.) Voxengo – OldSkoolVerb
Voxengo plugins have been my best and ready to go plugin for my music production toolbox.
OldSkoolVerb emulates the classic stereo verb algorithm and produces a crystal clear spatial image that blends well with an audio file.
This reverb tool comes bundled with various sets of parameters permitting a user to achieve different reverb styles ranging from room reverb to hall reverb to plate reverb.
“The Voxengo OldSkoolVerb is best used for a non-percussive and soft-attack sound like vocals, piano and pad sounds”.
- Compatible with Windows ( Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and later versions) and macOS (10.7 and later releases, Intel processor-based)
- VST/AAX supports
- Compatible with 32 and 64 bit on Windows and Mac Os
- Supports 2 GHz dual-core or faster processor
- 2GB RAM or higher
10.) U-he- Protoverb
Protoreverb aids as reverb research for u-he, and now, they are releasing it to the public for free. It is an experimental plugin that is based on a room simulator reverb.
According to u-he:
Most algorithmic reverbs try to avoid resonances or model the reflections of sound from a room’s walls. Protoverb does the opposite. It builds up as many room resonances as possible, modelling the body of air in the room. No need to modulate or colour the signal.
- Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
- Windows 7 or higher
- Available as AU / VST2 / AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7 or later) plug-ins with 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Download U-he- Protoverb