To Audio Converter for Mac. To Audio Converter - is the only app you need for audio conversion on Mac OS. It turns more than 200 audio and video formats to quality MP3, WAV, AIFF, FLAC or M4A/MP4 in.
TidyTag ID3 Tag Editor. TidyTag ID3 Tag Editor is the latest powerhouse in the category that comes. Even though MP3 tag is widely considered as the best yet free ID3 tag editor to add ID3 tags to MP3s on Windows platform, it still comes with no Mac version. That's really a regret for those needing to fix MP3 tags on Mac OS X.
Customizing song information might seem unimportant to some people. However, to some people, it is very important to arrange and organize music in their own way. Editing song information such as artist name, title, and genre, and more. If you have a large song collection and need to tag information, the easiest way to work with metadata is to use the best free MP3 tag editor for Mac to get your work done in minimum time.
6 Best Free MP3 Tag Editor For Mac in 2020
Here in this post, we have compiled a list of the best MP3 tagging tool for your Mac.
iMusic is one of the best MP3 Tag Editor for Mac as it works as a multipurpose and multi-platform tool. Let’s take a look at the features of iMusic:
- It helps you to discover, record and download music, transfer music between Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows.
- You can recover and backup iTunes library. Moreover, you can burn selected songs and playlists to CDs.
- You can fix iTunes library music tags and covers and you can also remove music DRM protection
2. MusicBrainz Picard
MusicBrainz Picard is a cross-platform music tag editor for Mac. Let’s take a look at the features of MusicBrainz Picard:
- It supports multiple formats such as WMA, WAV, MP3, FLAC, OGG, M4A, and more.
- It uses AcoustID audio fingerprints, which help in identifying files by the actual music, without even Metadata.
- It can also search for entire music CDs in a single click.
Also Read:How To Run Windows On Mac
MetaBliss is a new MP3 tag editor for Mac OS X available for free. Let’s take a look at the features of Meta bliss:
- It will make it easy to clean up your mac metadata.
- You can swiftly edit Song Name, Artist, Comments and other tags.
- The editor helps you to fix multiple files at once, therefore, saving a lot of time.
One of the best free audio tag editors for Mac, Kid3, can efficiently edit tags for your MP3, WMA, Ogg, FLAC, MPC and more. Let’s take a look at the features of Meta bliss:
- It enables you to edit and convert between ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 tags of MP3 files.
- It helps you to generate tags from filenames and file-, directory names from tags
- You can import from gnudb.org, TrackType.org, MusicBrainz, Discogs.
Also Read: 8 Best Media Center For Mac
Metadatics is a MP3 tag editor Mac which is powerful and advanced audio metadata editor which can be used to edit the tags seamlessly. Let’s take a look at the features of Metadatics:
- It lets you edit multiple files easily at once.
- It has an inbuilt function to manipulate data, remove characters, replace text from starting or end of a tag and more.
- It can generate directory structures and rename files based on metadata.
Last but not the least, TuneUp helps you to manage, and organize your audio music collection easily. Let’s take a look at the features of TuneUp:
- It uses cutting-edge waveform recognition technology under which it listens to each song in your music library to identify its acoustic fingerprint and find a match of the song information from world’s largest fingerprint database and song information.
- The software helps you to recover free space on your disk by removing duplicate songs.
- It fills in missing album cover art and makes your music library collection beautiful and colorful.
So, this is the list of the Best Free MP3 Tag Editor For Mac. Choose the one you like and organize and arrange your music library the way you want.
What’s the best program to edit metadata of music files on Mac? There are many mp3 tag editor Mac programs in the market, which might make it difficult for you to choose the right ones. To save you from this trouble, we’ve tested and ranked the best 7 ID3 tag editors for Mac OS.
Why You Need ID3 Tag Editor?
A world without music is just like a world without life. Music remained a big part of people’s lives from ever, and with the advent of the digital age, the way we consume music has undergone a complete transformation. Now using the internet, anyone can conveniently access and download every type of music to the computer. But this ease turns into difficulty when you have to manage the music library tagged with improper or wrong metadata. In this case, it would become extremely difficult to organize tracks by album, artist, genre, and other audio file attributes.
The best way to deal with this situation is to use an ID3 tag editor. It will help to change and modify all the information that is present within the music files. After which, you can easily search for music files using various filters.
Find Out the best ID3 Tag Editor for Mac
Let’s start discussing all of them one by one!
1. TidyTag ID3 Tag Editor
TidyTag ID3 Tag Editor is the latest powerhouse in the category that comes with the most versatile and amazing features. It is designed specifically to deliver great results and can easily add or modify ID3 tags to your music files. Not only this, but you can also manage every aspect of your music collection with TidyTag. It has the most easy to use interface and also comes with a built-in player that enables you to experience advance playback options remaining within the program. TidyTag offers separate versions for Windows and Mac OS. You can download from the following link.
Best Pdf Editors For Mac
- TidyTag comes with batch processing feature that allows you to edit all missing or incorrect metadata like title, artist, album, album cover, track number, lyrics, etc. You can edit and save all the songs in the File list at one time.
- It supports multiple tag formats, which include ID3 (V1.3, V2.3, V2.4), Ogg Vorbis Comment, APE, ASF, and RIFF.
- It supports almost all the music file formats such as MP3, AIFF, AIF, M4A, M4R, FLAC, OGG, WAV, APE, ASF, and WMA.
- This program has a convenient music deduplication function, which removes all the duplicates in the music library.
- You can rename the audio files according to the tag information.
- TidyTag also helps to organize music files by moving them to separate folders as per their metadata information including Album, Artist, Album Artist, and Genre.
MusicBrainz Picard is another multi-platform tool that allows you to add missing metadata information to the music files. It supports most of the available music formats like MP3, FLAC, OGG, M4A, WMA, WAV, etc. With its unique feature called AccoustID, this tool helps to identify music files by their content so that if audio files have no metadata, it can still add the missing information. Get the MusicBrainz Picard music tag editor Mac version from here.
- MusicBrainz Picard has a very attractive design with a clean interface.
- It comes with very well-placed elements that help the program to run smoothly.
- You can lookup complete music CDs with this tool.
- If you need any particular feature, Picard allows you to choose from a range of available plugins or you can also write your own.
Kid3 is an Mp3 tag editor tool that also allows you to convert your music files’ tags into different formats. Various types of audio formats are supported by this ID3 tag editor Mac program. This music tag editor has the ability to generate tags either automatically from the file names or also manually. It uses different online databases to add metadata information to your music files.
- Kid3 can generate tags from filenames and the contents of tag fields.
- This tool supports directory editing and playlist creation.
- It automatically imports tags or metadata information from nudb.org, MusicBrainz, Discogs, Amazon, and various other sources of album data4.
- It can export tags as CSV, HTML, and XML.
- It comes with a command-like interface that contains all the elements in a logical order.
MetaBliss is a new ID3 tag editor Mac program that is solely created for Mac OS X. It enables you to quickly edit different audio file tags like Artist, Song Name, Comments, and many others. Due to its high-speed performance, you will be able to fix hundreds of music files at one time. You can download MetaBliss music tag editor Mac software from the link given below.
- You can easily search and replace words in tags with this program.
- It has the power to edit multiple audio files at once.
- MetaBliss will make you able to remove old ID3v1 tags, as they’re obsolete and useless.
- It also has the feature to remove extra spaces within the tags.
5. Music Tag
Unlike most of the similar tools, Music Tag is a music tag editor that lets you automatically download and add missing metadata information to the audio files. It works in quite a simple way, what you all have to do is to give it the mp3 files that you want to edit and the editor will download the required information and modify the selected audio files.
- It can work quicker than many other programs by allowing you to automatically or manually edit music file tags.
- It also automatically downloads Album Artwork.
- Music Tag software can recognize more than 35 million music tracks.
As its name implies, MP3TAG is an mp3 tag editor to add or modify mp3 tags and also supports batch processing for the convenience of users. This software also supports database lookups from different online sources like Discogs, MusicBrainz, freedb, etc. With MP3TAG, you can easily rename audio files in your music library using tag information. Download this mp3 tag editor Mac program from here below.
- MP3TAG allows you to replace characters or words in tags.
- It can generate nice reports and lists of collection to HTML, RTF, and CSV format.
- You can download and add album covers to your music files using this program.
- It saves your time by creating and managing playlists while editing tags.
7. Amvidia Tag Editor for Mac
Developed by Amvidia, Tag Editor for Mac is another useful ID3 tag editor for Mac OS that allows you to edit all types of music tags. Audio files other than mp3 format can also be processed, as it supports ID3 tags for MP3, AIFF, WAV, FLAC files, whereas, MP4 tags for MPextra4, MA4 audio files. You can directly download Tag Editor for Mac using the following link.
- Tag Editor for Mac supports all music tags.
- It can automatically retrieve audio files metadata from network and paths.
- It can find and replace mislabeled tags.
Adobe Pdf Editor For Mac
Side by Side Comparison of 7 ID3 Tag Editors for Mac
|Software||Platforms||Supported Audio Formats||Supported Tag Formats||Editable Metadata||Pricing|
|TidyTag Music Tag Editor||Mac OS|
10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10
|MP3, AIFF, AIF, M4A, M4R, FLAC, OGG, WAV, APE, ASF and WMA||ID3V1.3，ID3V2.3，ID3V2.4, Ogg Vorbis Comment, APE, ASF and RIFF||Title, Artist, Album, Year, Track No., Genre, Album Artist, Cover, Disc No., Composer, Comment, Copyright, Publisher, Grouping, Release Date, Lyrics||$19.95|
|MusicBrainz Picard||Mac OS|
|MP3, FLAC, OGG, M4A, WMA, WAV||ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, APEv2||Main music tags only||Free|
|Kid3||Mac, Windows, Linux||MP3, Ogg, FLAC, MPC, MP4, AAC, MP2, WMA, WAV, AIFF||ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4||Main music tags||Free|
|MetaBliss||Mac OS 10.7 and later versions||Not Available||ID3||Main music tags||$20|
|Music Tag||Mac OS |
X, 10.8 or later versions, Windows
|MP3, MP4, AAC, WMA, FLAC||Not Available||Main music tags||$20|
10.6 – 10.14
|AAC, ALAC, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, DSF, FLAC, MKA, MKV, APE, MP3, MP4, M4A, M4B, M4V, MPC, Ogg, Opus, OFR, OFS, SPX, TAK, TTA, WMA, WV, WAV, WebM||ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments||Title, Artist, Album, Year, Track, Genre, Comment, Album Artist, Composer, Disc number, Cover||Free|
|Amvidia Tag Editor for Mac||Mac OS|
X, 10.7 or later
|MP3, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, MP4, M4A||ID3v1, ID3v2.4, XIPH||Main music tags, Podcast tags, sorting tags, Classical tag, Commerce tag, Mood tag, People tag, iTunes tag||$28.99|
Free Or Paid – How to Choose?
Free programs are usually not considered as safe to use. Another thing to consider is that free tools have relatively basic features and mostly failed to meet users’ expectations.
If you don’t want to spend money, then we recommend MP3TAG for Mac, but it isn’t officially supported and do not support Mac OS 10.5. In paid software, TidyTag is undoubtedly the best tool for you. Not only it is superior in performance, but also it comes at a very affordable price, which makes it the best value for money.
The Bottom Line:
That’s all for the list of best ID3 tag editor Mac software. By analyzing the features and specifications, you’ll able to pick the one that best suits your needs. If you still have any queries, feel free to ask us in the comments section below.