/Mac Tips /[Truly Solved] Why Is Microsoft Word So Slow?
- Microsoft Word For Mac Pro
- Get Microsoft Word For Mac
- Microsoft Word For Mac Free
- Microsoft Word View Only Mac
Microsoft Editor is the intelligent writing assistant that helps you write with more confidence in over 20 languages. Word 2010 support is ending soon. Find out what end of support means for you after October 13, 2020. Trending topics. Download Microsoft Excel for macOS 10.13 or later and enjoy it on your Mac. This application requires a qualifying Microsoft 365 subscription. Microsoft 365 includes premium Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps, 1 TB cloud storage in OneDrive, advanced security, and more, all in one convenient subscription.
Consider this scenario. You’re in a hurry to open a Word document. Your meeting is about to start and you need the Word document immediately. You click on the file and nothing happens. You click on it again and still, nothing happens. You click and you click. Still, nothing happens. Finally, it opens and it’s slow. You want to scream, “Why is Microsoft Word so slow? “
Of course, you can’t cry out loud because you’re going to look like a fool in front of your boss and colleagues. You just have to stay cool. Still, you wonder. Why is Microsoft Word so slow?
Article GuidePart 1. Reasons for Why Is Microsoft Word So SlowPart 2. Techniques on How to Speed up Microsoft Word Part 3. In Conclusion
Part 1. Why Is Microsoft Word Typing So Slow?
There are a lot of reasons why is Microsoft Word so slow. One of the most common reasons is points to your computer. It could be that your computer is filled up with so many files that it’s not performing well anymore.
Another reason is that there are settings that need to be adjusted to help speed up your computer. In case you’re wondering or even worrying about why is Microsoft Word so slow, don’t worry. You can do something about it. Whether you’re using a Mac or not for your Microsoft Word, you can get it to run pretty fast. Just read on to learn how you can go about it.
Part 2. Techniques on How to Speed up Microsoft Word
It’s mind-boggling to have Microsoft Word open slowly. It’s such a hassle if it happens to you. Fortunately, there are options for you as to how to go about it. Even if you’re using a Mac for your Microsoft Word, there is an option that can work for you.
Technique #1: Make Use of The PowerMyMac to Optimize Your Computer’s Performance
The PowerMyMac is the perfect tool that can help you speed up your Mac and in turn, speed up your Microsoft Word as well. This is one tool that’s packed with powerful features that can help boost the performance of your Mac. Read on to learn how you can use it to speed up your Microsoft Word on your Mac.
- Use this link to download the PowerMyMac.
- Launch the PowerMyMac on your Mac.
- Choose which skin you want for your interface.
- Take a good look at the three modules of the PowerMyMac.
These three modules are the following: Status, Cleaner, and Toolkit. The Status module helps you assess your CPU, Memory, and Disk. The Cleaner module can clean up the files that are slowing down your Mac. The Toolkit module helps you manage your Mac easily. This is also the module that has more advanced features. It not only helps you Mac run fast; it also protects.
- Choose the Status module to check on your storage space.
- Choose Cleaner to clean out your files. That should speed up your Mac.
You’ve probably noticed the Free Download of PowerMyMac and you’re wondering if it’s safe to try. The answer to that is a big YES! When you download the PowerMyMac as a free version, you won’t be getting any other apps like anti-virus or another search browser. All you’ll be getting are the powerful features of the PowerMyMac. That means you can immediately experience the powerful boost to your Mac’s performance.
And if you feel Microsoft Word is too slow to remove, you can also use PowerMyMac's Uninstaller to help you delete it completely, here is a guideline for you to uninstall it as well.
Technique #2: Install the Latest Updates
- Search for Windows updates. Select Check for updates.
- Install updates.
- Restart the computer if needed.
Technique #3: Choose the Apps That You Want to Launch Each Time You Start Your Computer
- Open the apps you need by restarting the surface. Some apps run in the background so that they could perform their services immediately. The automatic launching of these apps could slow down your computer.
- Press Ctrl +Alt and delete buttons on your keyboard and select Task Manager.
- Choose More Details. You will find this on the lower-left corner of the pop-up screen.
- Choose the Startup on the menu at the top of the window.
- Select the programs that you don’t want to run automatically.
- Click the Disable button on the bottom part of the window. Keep in mind that once you disable the programs, you would have to run them manually to make use of their services.
Technique #4: Turn off Animations and Other Shadow Effects
- Type performance in the search box.
- Select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
- Click on the box beside Adjust for best performance.
- Click on Apply on the bottom part of the pop-up window.
- Select OK.
Technique #5: Change the Settings in Your Microsoft Word Application
- Open the Microsoft Word Application. You can either open up a blank Word document or an existing one.
- Go to the menu bar on the top left of the screen. Click on File.
- Click on Option on the left panel. That will pull out the Word Options window.
- Select and click on Advanced from the left-hand side of the screen.
- Scroll down on the right-hand side of the screen until you get to the General part.
- Uncheck the box beside Update automatic links at open.
- Go back to the left side of the screen and click on Trust Center.
- Take your cursor to the far right-hand of the screen and click on Trust Center Settings.
- Click on Macro Settings on the left-hand side of the screen. Choose Disable all macros without notification. This does not create any security risk and it also shouldn’t be a big deal especially if you don’t use macros.
Be careful with tips that tell you to change the setting in the Protected View. If you choose to disable all the settings in the Protected view, then that could endanger your security. Although disabling the settings in the Protected View can solve the issue of why is Microsoft Word so slow, you have to avoid it by all means. Hence, make sure to keep them enabled for your protection. There’s a reason why the settings in the Protected View should be enabled.
- Click on the OK button.
- Restart the Microsoft Word application.
Part 3. In Conclusion
The next time you struggle with a slow Microsoft Word, you can try out the options stated above. It’s inevitable for your Microsoft Word to slow down. Hence, is the reason why you need to keep your computer in tip-top shape.
How do you deal with a slow Microsoft Word? Has it ever happened to you? Share with us your experience with a slow Microsoft Word.
ExcellentThanks for your rating.
Rating: 4.6 / 5 (based on 89 ratings)
People Also Read:
A powerful all-in-one App for MacFree Download
Word va lento porqué és un mal programa, es un software lleno de tonterías que no sirven para la mayoría. Recomiendo usar Libreoffice (una gozada en velocidad!).
Alexandra Barrera2020-07-25 13:18:32
https://youtu.be/b54inbr7RL4Acá tienen la solución, simple, poner un visto en una casilla!
The most powerful and useful 16-in-1 Mac Software in 2019Free Download
If you looking on the internet an Microsoft Word for Mac So, you come to the right place now a day shares with you an amazing application its most popular and used the able product for Microsoft word for Mac full version Design for documents formatting tools, you can write a document and edit online shares and save online Web browser. its wide range of Writing and fully customizable tool to idea how to perfect documents-write and text range also mention to promoted expression and many more amazing functions in this version.
Word is one of Microsoft Office’s most famous and popular tools. This editor and processor can be purchased and downloaded as a standalone application, even if it is integrated into the office suite. Your documents are still accessible so that you can capture your best ideas anytime and anywhere. In Read Mode, the text is automatically reflowed in columns for easier reading on the screen. And you have focused less on menu-only instruments that add value to your reading. The well-known Word program allows you to quickly and easily create, edit and share work. Most people can open a document in Word and work with it. It is the world’s most popular word processing scheme.
Microsoft Word For Mac Overview:
Have an overview of some of Microsoft Word 2016’s new features and improvements. You can now edit the PDF documents in Microsoft Word 2016 in the same way as if they had been made on MS Word. The addition of a read mode that will clean menus every time that you enable them to provide you with more screens for better reading is another noticeable feature included in this application to word processing. Microsoft OneDrive storage has flawless compatibility. You can collaborate with others with Microsoft Word 2016 in real-time on documents. Everything in Microsoft Word 2016 is a convenient word processing application to create text documents.
It is easier to share. Save cloud files on OneDrive, OneDrive for Business or SharePoint and send each of you a link with viewing and editing permissions to the same file. The latest version of the file is provided to all of you. You can talk, collaborate and co-author in real-time, using Word, with your team. With the improved version history for Word 2016, you and your team will be able to view or go back to earlier drafts while editing and modification your documents. Track changes, add or reply to comments next to the text that you’re talking about. Everyone can follow the discussion and keep up with text, formatting and layout changes.
Although it is true that the ISO chose an OpenDocument format for the exchange of formatted text as a standard, the format of Microsoft can be regarded as an unofficial standard. This situation has resulted in the popularity of DOC files as well as the DOCX files with a higher compression rate. On the other hand, it is also available in RTF or Rich Text Format although it is not so popular. This is due to Apple’s dominant appearance in the PC market and files between Macintosh and DOS had to be made compatible. you can also check out the Apple Final Cut Pro X for Mac.
Features Of Microsoft Word 2016 for Macbook
- Create customized documents thanks to the flexible format tools it incorporates. Design documents according to specific needs.
- Generate PDF files based on documents or edit the ones you’ve already created straight from the application, being able to modify paragraphs, lists, and tables, as if you had created them on Word.
- Find whatever function or command you need from the smart search box.
- Support for collaborative work that will allow you to invite other people to work in real-time in your group with just one click, allowing them to make changes to the documents that will be immediately updated in everyone else’s view. In turn, it offers a change control so that everybody can keep an eye on the modifications made.
- Advanced correction tools that help to check the spelling and grammar and also offer suggestions to improve our writing.
- Support for the inclusion of graphical elements such as tables, charts, and images.
- Much More…………/
Microsoft Word For Mac Pro
Microsoft Word 2016 for Mac Technical Setup Details
Get Microsoft Word For Mac
- Software Full Name: Microsoft Word 2016
- Setup File Name: Microsoft_Word_2016_MAC.zip
- Full Setup Size: 1.5 GB
- Setup Type: Offline Installer / Full Standalone Setup
- Latest Version Release Added On: 28th Mar 2019
- Developers Homepage: Microsoft
System Requirements For Microsoft Word 2016 Mac
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.9 or later.
- Machine: Apple Macbook
- Memory (RAM): 1 GB of RAM required.
- Hard Disk Space: 3 GB of free space required.
- Processor: Intel Dual Core processor or later.